When you have the entire world as your oyster, it’s no surprise that global eCommerce has impressive stats. These global eCommerce statistics are updated and will help you see the full picture when it comes to operating your own eCommerce business.
We’re confident that these stats will sway, or at least intrigue, you to explore global eCommerce more.
Letting Global ECommerce Stats Speak For Themselves
- There are 12 – 24 million eCommerce websites out there. Still, less than 1 million of them sell more than $1,000/year. This means there is still ample room to penetrate niches and grow your business into an global empire (WPForms)
- By 2040, it’s estimated that 95% of all purchases will be completed through global eCommerce websites (Nasdaq)
- 93.5% of global internet users have purchased products online (OptinMonster)
- 57% of online shoppers have purchased across borders throughout the pandemic (PRWeb)
- There are a total of 4.88 billion internet users and that number will continue to grow at a rate of 600,000 users a day. (DataReportal)
- Retail eCommerce sales worldwide in 2021 was 4.89 trillion. The projected retail eCommerce sales worldwide in 2022 is to be 5.42 trillion (Statistia)
- Experts predict that the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the shift to online shopping by as much as 5 years (TechCrunch)
- 3 out of 4 consumers say they buy from their smartphones because it is convenient and saves them time (Oberlo)
Becoming a Global ECommerce Business: What Does It Take?
The two fundamental qualities of any successful global eCommerce entrepreneur is to have a global mindset and to develop the right traits. What qualifies somebody to have a global mindset? What traits should global eCommerce owners focus on improving? Let’s dive in.
Entrepreneurs with a global mindset are able to:
- Scan the world from a broad perspective
- Understand a certain product, industry, or niche on a global basis
- Understand the culture is different around the world
- Adopt multinational culture within your business
- Look for unexpected and unique trends that people will follow
- Build valuable connections and alliances with other partners
- Fail and learn from your mistakes
Successful global eCommerce entrepreneurs are:
- Good communicators
Related: Read our section on Global eCommerce in the Global Trade Career Guide
Ready to Dive Into the World of Global ECommerce?
Impressed after reading those global eCommerce stats? Trust us, you’re not alone in that feeling. Still, eCommerce can be difficult to traverse through – and that’s especially the case if you’re a complete beginner. We want to lend a helping hand.
Check out Global Careers Hub for the latest career and internship listings in eCommerce, and bookmark this website for the latest in industry news.
If you found this post helpful please share globalcareershub.com with your friends and colleagues!